Saturday, December 29, 2007

just being

I'm sleepy. I'm having a travelling Christmas. So far I've been to Melton Mowbray and Cheltenham. Now I'm in Exeter for a New Year's Eve ball on Monday, but planning to spend some time sleeping, reading and maybe even essay writing before that.

It is quiet here in HP's house. Fe lives here all the time, but everyone else is home with their families, or otherwise elsewhere. HP herself is on the Isle of Wight. I do like the quiet dip between Christmas and New Year's Eve, it feels like a time when you can do anything and not feel like you should be working or tidying or otherwise being useful. Except that I do think I should do some essay-type work. But not right now, I'm far too sleepy. Radio 3 and the paper for me.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Hope you'll have a great time at the Ball.

I love the "dip" between Xmas and Twelfth Night, as it means that when I get home from work I feel perfectly justified in pouring a glass of wine and putting CDs of carols on to play and sing along to!

Amrita said...

God bless and happy New Year

Debs said...

The ball sounds fun. Happy almost new year.
D x