Thursday, August 27, 2009

my engagement ring


my engagement ring, originally uploaded by the pig wot flies.

Here is my beautiful engagement ring. It's made of palladium, with a swirling engraved line all the way round. The stones are white and pink diamonds and blue sapphires, three of each. We went ring shopping in Birmingham a few weeks before we got engaged. I had some idea of what I wanted (palladium, engraving, small stones) but I would never have thought of this on my own. We saw this design in white gold, a little thicker (6mm, rather than 4mm) with 9 coloured diamonds - white, pink, a turquoise blue, yellows. I loved the line, but wanted a different metal and no yellow stones, so we had this one made.

I've never really been a fan of traditional one big rock engagement rings. This is much more my style. It's beautiful, and even more so because it was given to me by the man I love as a symbol of love and commitment.

9 comments:

RobHu said...

:-)

Amrita said...

Very beautiful, unique, one of its kind...limited edition

Lauren said...

IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! so beautiful! impeccable taste!

Sheryl said...

Such a gorgeous ring! I have always prefered white gold to gold!

RobHu said...

It's actually Paladium (cheaper and stronger than white gold (which is actually just gold with Rhodium plating)).

Nicola said...

This is a beautiful ring - would you mind telling me who made it for you? And would you recommend them?

Gracie Oury said...

Congratulations on your engagement! I must admit the reason I even chanced on your blog however is that I typed 'pig wedding' into Google and just couldn't resist the RIDONKULOUSLY cute name of your blog!! Rock on!! Happy wedding preparations by the way :D

vintage rings said...

Truly amazing. The ring is beautiful and the carving is awesome. I like the whole look and design and the way the sapphires have been placed.

Bridget Rossi said...

A symbol of love given by the one we love the most is definitely the most beautiful thing, and the engagement ring materializes all of the love and care which will come your way. Yours has this classy, sophisticated feel to it. The swirling lines suggest that this ring was done very carefully and with strong passion. Very awesome!