Friday, September 18, 2009

can I have some sleep please?

I've not slept very well this week. I'm not entirely sure why. OK, a little of it might be to do with late night eBay hunting for bridesmaid dresses, but I also keep waking up far too early. I also seem to be unable to sleep in, or at least sleep as long as I want and be relaxed. If I try to stay asleep as long as I can, I sleep lightly with vivid dreams which take a long while for me to break out of. This means I wake up disoriented and not very rested. I blame fluoxetine. I've reduced the dose I'm on, but still get vivid dreams sometimes, especially in the morning.

The solution is probably to go to bed earlier and not spend any time online when I'm winding down to go to sleep. Trouble is, I don't like this solution! I see Rob most evenings and want to make the most of our time together, so I'm often not home til gone 10. Maybe I should make a point of trying to get home by 9.30 for a while and see if it makes a difference.

Oh dear. I don't like having to go to bed early. What happened to the teenager who used to be the last to bed, got up at 6.30 for school and caught up by sleeping in on Saturdays? Or the student who often missed Book at Bedtime and was regularly lulled to sleep by Sailing By and the 12.30am shipping forecast? :( Sometimes, I don't like growing up.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I've had these complete thoughts too!

One of the best parts of being married was not having to drive home at night so I can spend quality time with Felipe and still get to bed at a good hour.

And then you'll get pregnant have all sorts of weird dreams again. ha! fun times. My weird dreams haven't completely taken over yet. But I do insist on going to sleep by 9:30 and not waking until after 6. And I too wonder what happened to that crazy teenager who was last to bed and first to rise.

HP said...

Go away horrible illness and dont come back.
hugs for BP