Tuesday, December 13, 2005

music eddie?

At the end of Athlete's song You got the style, there's a voice that says "music Eddie!" a few times with a screechy intonation. It's been bugging me ever since I bought the album Vehicles and Animals last year. (It's rather good, Tourist is OK too, but the first one's more interesting.) I'm sure I remember guys at my church youth group saying it to each other. This would be in the early to mid 1990s. As boys do, they were always chucking around dialogue and catchphrases from comedy programmes, Harry Enfield, Mary Whitehouse Experience, that kind of thing. These were inevitably lost on me since I didn't usually watch the programmes in question, but I usually got the joke. One of the guys was called Edmund, so "music Eddie!" would have got a lot of use. I just want to know whether I'm completely making this up and what the origins of "music Eddie!" are. I haven't been able to discover so far. Anyone out there know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy reckons its "this is some good old time revival music here Eddie", which is so improbable it must be true. =o) See you soon, our kid!

Pig wot flies said...

Aargh, I can't get your link to work, Nathan.