Thursday, August 10, 2006

holiday minus 1

It was lovely to wake up this morning and realise this is my last day at work before my holiday. Hooray!

Last night I went to see Twelfth Night in Trinity Gardens with my housemates and a couple of Mel's friends. It was a lovely evening, if a little windy. We took a picnic and munched away before the play and during the interval. Watching Shakespeare outside feels like a very English way to spend a summer evening. Lovely.

On the way home, we cycled through the centre of town, down little alley ways, past King's College and over Parker's Piece. "We live here," I said, "Isn't that crazy?" And it's true. I'm growing to love Cambridge, it's odd and old and pretty. Last night, under clear starry skies and a full moon, it was beautiful.

Off to Scotland for a while, so most likely no blogging for the next couple of weeks. Have a good summer!

No comments: