Thursday, February 17, 2005

what do I do all day?

I've just got back from cell group, where we've been talking about priorities and what we do with our time, which has got me thinking about what I've actually achieved in the 10 days since my last post. I have;

painted the downstairs loo

made loads of meals

had a job interview (went OK I thought at the time, but they still haven't got back to me and it's been a week now, not feeling very hopeful)

planned and run a sunday school session (a bit manic, but not quite as terrible as I thought it might have been)

I think that might be it in terms of actual achievements.

I haven't even read any good books. (I'm rather stuck in a rut with reading, perhaps I need some new authors to try, any recommendations?) It's silly how quickly time slips by when you're not working. I ought to have loads of time to spend on stuff like spending time with God, doing my OU course and working out what my pefect job would be, but actually if feels like life's on hold while I play spider, plan blogs in my head which I then fail to post and sleep.

So what's the solution? Plan better probably. If only resolutions in blogs were that easy. 'Look, here is the solution to my problem and the world's all right again, so now I'll go away and be happy.' If only.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: