Friday, February 04, 2005

What have I done today?

I have learned how to do single crochet, fallen over my feet while trying to photograph pigeons in flight, washed my car and er, that's it really. The car looks good, the crochet will take forever to finish and the pigeons will probably be out of focus, I'll have to wait and see. I did send an email that might turn into a job offer though.

I should explain. I'm job-hunting. Again. I've been here before, when I finished my degree and didn't know what to do, when I finished my Masters and didn't know what to do and now, since my last contract for the job I had ran out and I...don't know what to do. I ought to know how to cope by now. I am attempting to be useful. Hence the DIY and the crochet (edging for a cardigan I'd never have started without some time on my hands). But mostly I'm just waiting for something to happen, trying to make things happen by applying for jobs I like the sound of and trusting God.

Looking back, both of my last periods of job-hunting ended with jobs I didn't even apply for being offered to me out of nowhere. The first one started me off on a whole new career idea and the second one was in an organisation I loved. So I ought to have learned that God does have something planned, even if I can't see it yet. Always easier with hindsight though.

So watch this space and we'll see what turns up.
And in the meantime, there are plenty of pigeons to chase.

No comments: