Wednesday, October 03, 2007

shakespeare week

That's what it feels like right now. Yesterday I saw As You Like it* tonight I'm going to see Cymbeline. I'm halfway through reading Romeo and Juliet, I've got to finish that and Pericles by Thuirsday evening and have something coherent to say about the fly-killing scene in Titus Andronicus. And I've been reading Making Shakespeare by Tiffany Stern.

I am happy! :-)

* It was OK, the lead actors are good, particularly Bryce Dallas Howard as Rosalind, but somehow it doesn't sparkle as it should and it doesn't quite make sense to me, at a psychological level, particularly at the end when all the couples are matched up. I'm not sure whether that's the play's fault or the way the film chops it around. I'll have to read it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So some of us (well, me) are still wondering (a) if you read Pericles by Thuirsday evening and (b) what you thought of it? (be honest/brutal/put to the sword)
And did you read all of Titus Andronicus, or just the fly-killing scene (which would be a bit odd)?
And did they include any bits of Cymbeline that you didn't see at the one we saw?

Pig wot flies said...

The short answers are yes, it moves around a bit, yes and yes.

I'll turn the long answers into a blog post.