Wednesday, February 04, 2009

the weather continues fine

Actually it doesn't, we've had snow and cold and nastiness. But yesterday was sunny and gorgeous and full of lovely things.

Today I saw a fox on the way home from work. I went the back way from the station, over the cycle bridge and then down the alley ways parallel to Mill Road. The fox was ahead of me in the last alley way. I thought it was a cat at first, but then I saw the ears and the white-tipped brush tail. I think it's the first fox I've seen in Cambridge. I used to see (mangy and unhealthy looking) foxes around the streets of Walthamstow (like the one Debs saw) but this one was rather more glossy and alert. Cambridge is obviously a nicer place to be a fox!

Where is this week going? It's flying past! I'm looking forward to lots of fun things this weekend and, I hope, in the days to come. Right now, life is good!

3 comments:

RobHu said...

Aha! There is an answer I could have given when I was asked your question a few days ago. Maybe I'd like to be a fox.

When I was at school (and was obsessed with the BBC Micro computers we had) there was an educational game called Suburban Fox. The game was meant to teach you what it's like to be a suburban fox, you could move around the map, hunt, look for a mate, avoid cars, etc. Fascinating stuff.

HP said...

Ooh, what's happening this weekend?
Glad you are looking forward to fun things, tis always a nice feeling.
Love you

Lighting Duluth said...

Great bllog you have here