Tuesday, February 07, 2006

if you can't stand the wait, don't listen to the band

Yesterday I was feeling rubbish and Mondayish (yet again, got to do something about that) and since there are rather a lot of pink fluffy things around in February, it's not the most fun of times to be single. I found myself moaning to God about not having met anyone yet and trying to work out how best to trust God and what my attitude should be.

So I tried turning it around and thought about what I'd like my future husband* to be doing right now and this is what I came up with:

Waiting patiently and chastely for God to bring the woman he’s going to marry into his life.
Not chasing after every girl he meets, but hopefully and prayerfully keeping his eyes open.
Not putting his life on hold until he gets married, but getting on with whatever stuff God’s given him to do in the place in which he is now.
Trusting God for the future, whatever happens.

So, perhaps that's a good list for me to think about too.

*Clearly there are some implicit assumptions here, but we'll leave those for another day.

No comments: