Monday, February 13, 2006

what am i up to?

I have been requested (read, ordered) to blog about what I've been doing, so I shall.
On Friday night, I joined some fellow Cambridge knitters in a pub to watch the Winter Olympics opening ceremonies and cast on for the Knitting Olympics.

On Saturday, I woke up earlyish (for a Saturday) and sat in bed knitting and listening to Home Truths. Then I went out and collected parcels from the Post Office and bought some fruit and veg from the Co-op. I came home and ate croissants and hot chocolate and then did some more knitting.

After a while, I decided I needed some fresh air, so I went for a wander. I walked through the cemetery, walked up the main road in the direction of Cottenham, wandered off through some twisty roads, found a bit of bridleway, walked along it, walked back, took some photos, found the village church, walked back through the old bit of the village, discovered a few shops I hasn't seen before (a shoe factory outlet, no use for large feet, unless you want trainers or maybe walking boots), found the local library (open on Saturday mornings, but not afternoons, so not that useful), sat and watched the ducks on the village green. Went home to find Z and D watching the rugby. Knitted some more. Cooked mole, knitted some more and watched TV. Went to bed.

Sunday, I went to church, went to a newcomers lunch in a really old and amazing house, went home and knitted, went to a students and 20s evening event at church, talked to some friendly people, ate doughnuts, went home, went to bed.

Debs, are you happy now? I don't often write diary entry type things like this cos I think they're quite boring to read unless you know the person.

I shall now find something more interesting (I hope) to write about.

7 comments:

Debs said...

Hurrah!
Was just telling you that I missed you and your blogging!

Anonymous said...

Dude: MOLE?

Pig wot flies said...

You've eaten it. My favourite chilli with chocolate thing.

Debs said...

pronounced mo-lee

Pig wot flies said...

I think it's mol-ay.

Debs said...

well not mole, whatever it is!

Anonymous said...

The relief! Thanks.