Thursday, January 12, 2006

blue sky thinking


wall, sea, sky, originally uploaded by the pig wot flies.

I'm feeling tired.

Yesterday I came into work and then felt so awful I went home again. I slept for a while and then lay in bed and looked at the sky. When lying in bed, all I can see through the bedroom window is sky. The day had begun cloudy, but by the time I woke up for the second time, it was sunny and bright. I felt energised after my sleep and took my bike out for a while, to get myself used to the idea. The sun shone, the sky was blue.

Today I'm in work again and feeling tired and a little floaty. The sky is blue again, pale winter blue. Blue with possibility, bright with warmth in the sun.

Why is blue hope and despair? Blue is freshness, daylight. Blue is cold water. Blue is depression. Blue is cornflowers. Blue is frostbite. Blue is the sea. Blue is loneliness. Blue is bridal. Blue is sky.

I'm tired. I'm lonely, a little. I'm hopeful.

No comments: